Two Of Our Favorite Recipes
"The Best Apple Crisp" - Recipe from Peggy Lane
• 6-8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Combine Together, Then Toss With Apples:
• 1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 tbsp. cornstarch
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
• Dash of salt
• 2 tbsps. "Red Hots" (optional)
• Pour into 9" x 12" greased pan
• 1 cup Bisquick
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup margarine or butter
• 2/3 cup quick
cooking oarts (optional)
• Mix in food processor, or cut up with pastry blender. Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes. If needed, cover with foil so crumb topping doesn't get too brown. Makes 8-10 servings.
Hurray For Apple Pigs
•You will need: 1 big apple, 1 little apple, 5 toothpicks, 2 whole cloves, 1 pipe cleaner, 1 bay leaf or apple leaf cut in half.
• Your big apple is your Pig's body. Your little apple is your Pig's head. Look at your Pig's head.
•Notice the two slits that are for your Pig's ears. (If you need slits put 2 in where where ears would go.) Take 1/2 an apple leaf and put one in each slit. A whole Bay Leaf folded point to point and broken in half also works.
• Decide which end of your apple you want to be your Pig's nose. Between the nose and the ears, make two holes with a toothpick for the eyes. Insert a clove into each hole.
•Use a toothpick as a neck to attach your Pig's head to its body. There are many different ways to do this. You choose which way you like best.
• Wrap your pipe cleaner around your finger to make a spiral cork screw tail. Make a hole with a toothpick where you want your Pig's tail to go. Insert pipe cleaner in the hole.
Use 4 toothpicks for your Pig's legs. This can be tricky. Sometimes Apple pigs like to stand up. Sometimes they put their legs straight up in the air and take a nap. Sometimes they sit up like a dog begging. Sometimes their legs are out to the sides like they are flying through the air or swimming through the pond.
Apple Pigs are very happy pigs. They are also very tough. If they break an ear or break a leg it doesn't even faze them. They just laugh it off. If all else fails you can always just eat your Apple Pig.